Looking for juicy,tasty and elegant Lemon Garlic Herbs Grilled Chicken Bites?
Hope all of you are doing great! Sorry about the extended absence from blogging. Many of you indeed emailed me, and left comments asking me where did I go and when I’ll be back. He..he..he….
Well, honestly speaking, I didn’t go anywhere 🙂 nothing happened either…the truth is, I have changed my diet recently and was away from the delicious food for some time. I really missed my blogging and especially you all. Thanks to each and everyone who kept this page alive in my absence. I’m back again and I will surly keep this space more active for me and you 🙂
Lemon Garlic Herb Grilled Chicken Bites – This recipe is a variation of my Kerala Style Baked Chicken with Fresh Herbs, which is one of the most popular recipes on this site. As a twist, I used Italian spices along with Indian spices and added lots of fresh garlic flavor to the chicken. Here for you how to make lemon garlic herbs grilled chicken bites on the stove-top with a cast iron skillet/grill pan. Can you imagine these grilled bites never touched an actual grill and yet yummy.
The chicken itself is delicious on its own- in fact, my kids prefer it that way but trust me it’s even better with lots of fresh garlic and fresh herbs flavors the chicken. It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or cookout and so versatile. They are sure to be a hit any time of the year. You can serve the bites on their own. My kids love them when topped with cheese on breads or chopped up in a quesadilla or as I often do, throw in a salad, fried rice, pastas, chicken skewers, etc. The possibilities are endless! Now let’s see how it’s made…
How to Make Lemon Garlic Herbs Grilled Chicken Bites -Easy Grill Pan Method:
Wash the chicken with turmeric powder and drain it. Cut the chicken into medium chunks and keep it aside in a bowl. Next blend all the ingredients given in the marination list to a smooth paste. Add little water if needed. Pour the blended paste over the chicken and mix them well, cover and let marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.(Note : More you marinate better the taste. For best result marinate overnight in the refrigerator; so that all the flavors will get into it.)Take the chicken from the fridge at least 30 mins before cooking, bring them back to room temperature.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Spray the grill pan or cast iron skillet with cooking spray, and preheat on the stove-top over medium high heat for about one minute.Place the chicken chunks on the hot cast iron skillet or grill pan.Cook on the first side for about 4 minutes, and turn the chicken over on the other side.Cook on the second side for about two minutes, and then place the grill pan or cast iron skillet into the preheated oven.(Note: you can transfer to any other baking dish if you need to.) Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Yummy Lemon Garlic Herbs Grilled Chicken Bites is ready. Serve hot with any with lemon wedges, salad of your choice and hummus or as appetizers or as you like..Enjoy!
Other Grilled, Baked Chicken Recipes You Might Also Like :
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast : 4 (approx around 1¾ lb /800 grms
- Lemon Juice or Lemon Zest : 2 tsp
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro : ¼ cup (chopped)
- Fresh Rosemary : 2 tbsp
- Dried Thyme : 1 tsp
- Oregano : ½ tsp
- Garlic: 8-10 cloves (medium sized)
- Whole Black Peppercorns :1 tbsp
- Green Chillies : 2 nos (optional)
- Turmeric Powder : 1 tsp
- Red chilli Powder : ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil or Cooking Oil : 4 tbsp
- Wash the chicken with turmeric powder and drain it. Cut the chicken into medium chunks and keep it aside in a bowl.
- Next blend all the ingredients listed in " For Marination" to a smooth paste. Add little water if needed.
- Pour the blended paste over the chicken and mix them well, so that all chicken pieces are well coated with the paste.
- Cover and leave it in refrigerator for at-least 4-6 hours or overnight. (Note : More you marinate better the taste. For best result marinate overnight in the refrigerator; so that all the flavors will get into it.)
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking. bring them back to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray the grill pan or cast iron skillet with olive oil or cooking oil and preheat the pan on the stove-top over medium high heat for about one minute.
- Place the chicken chunks on the cast iron pan/ hot grill pan.Cook on the first side for about 4 minutes and turn the chicken over on the other side. Cook on the second side for about two minutes,
- Now place the grill pan /cast iron skillet into the preheated oven. (Note: You can transfer to any other baking dish if you need to)
- Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through.Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- If using a charcoal grill, prepare a fire for direct-heat cooking. Position the grill rack 5 inches from the fire. Allow the coals to burn until white ash covers them and the heat is moderate.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade, pressing lightly to extract excess marinade, and brush with olive oil. Place the chicken pieces on a well-oiled grill rack and; grill, covered, with the vents open, turning 3-4 times, 20 to 30 minutes.
- If roasting, preheat the oven to 500 degrees F. Place an aluminum foil on a baking tray, brush with olive oil and place the marinated chicken and bake for 10-15 minutes; take out the tray carefully using your oven mitts. Turn them over and baste it with marinade using a brush or a spoon, return to oven and bake again for 10-15 mins after baking, Change the oven setting to broil in high and broil it for about 2-3 minutes again turning the sides in between.Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yummy Lemon Garlic Herbs Grilled Chicken Bites and ready. Serve hot with any Indian Bread and with lemon wedges, salad of your choice and hummus or as appetizers...Enjoy!
Hope you all will enjoy making this Lemon-Garlic-Herbs Grilled Chicken Bites.Don’t forget to let me know your opinion if you try.
Hungry for ?
Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.