I know lot of my readers were waiting for post on Diwali Recipes.Your wait ends here.:) There are a lot of treats that definitely deserve to be made this festive season but this besan ladoo-laddu should be near the top of your list. It’s very easy, just need 10–15 minutes to make. It tastes deliciously sweet and it’s the perfect gift for your loved ones, friends or neighbors. Simply said this is melt-in-your-mouth sweet, so share the wealth or you will want to eat it all :-). Enjoy!
Besan Ladoo Recipe – Besan Laddu Recipe – Diwali Sweets
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 10-15 mins
Makes : 20 (depending upon size of balls/ladoo)
Besan / Chickpea flour/ Kadala maavu : 1 cup
Powdered Sugar : 3/4 cup
Ghee : 1/2 cup
Cardamom : 2-3
Nuts for Garnish
How to make Besan Ladoo-Laddu |Kadala maavu Ladoo :
1. Roast besan well on medium and stir it continuously till the besan is turns deep golden brown in colour. (Note : Take care not to burn the besan flour, as well as make sure roasted well.This will take around 10-12 minutes.) Allow to cool down and sieve it through a sieve that has medium size hole.
2. Powder sugar with cardamom and add to the roasted besan flour.
3. Melt ghee and add the hot ghee to it and mix well.
4. When the mixture is just warm enough to handle, shape them into laddu-ladoos using your palm.
5. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.Serve and Enjoy!
- While roasting the besan flour make sure that heat is low-medium and keep stirring,else it will easily burn at the bottom of the pan.
- Keep this in mind ghee is the only flavor that brings taste to the laddus, so never reduce it than mentioned. It also gives you shiny laddu or it is ok if you use a little less ghee. But the laddu will be little dry.
Check here for more Diwali recipes.
Wish you all a very happy and safe Deepawali!