If you’ve never had lemon coffee cake or you have and they weren’t very good, this is the recipe for you! It’s a simple, easy, moist, flaky and lemony..Yum! Its perfect when matched with a hot cup of brewed coffee or tea.
A great brunch, an afternoon treat or as a simple dessert to make for Mother ‘s Day, or anytime you’re feeling young and happy! Enjoy!
Baking Time : 60 minutes
Serves : 6
Recipe Adapted From : My friend, Erma Rodriquez
For the Topping :
All Purpose flour : 1/2 cup
Brown Sugar : 1/3 cup
Unsalted butter : 3 tbsp (room temperature)
Dessicated coconut : 1/2 cup (optional)
For Coffee Cake:
All Purpose Flour : 2 1/4 cup
Baking Soda : 1/2 tsp
Salt : 1/2 tsp
1. Preheat oven at 350°F; butter and flour a 1 (8 x 4)-inch loaf pan. (I used a bigger loaf pan so my cake is flattened than it is supposed to be.)
2. Make the topping by mixing together the flour, brown sugar and salt (use either a pastry cutter or your hands) until small clumps form. Stir in coconut.
4. Add remaining ingredients, except lemon filling, and beat until well combined.
5. Pour and spread 1/2 the cake batter into the pan. Sprinkle on half of the topping and spread on the lemon curd or filling, to within a 1/2 inch of the edges.
6. Pour on remaining dough and remaining topping.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes, until golden brown and set. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from the pan.
8.While cake cools, stir together powdered sugar, lemon juice and water and until you have a glaze consistency.
9. Poke the cake with a toothpick inserted all the way. Pour over the glaze on the cake and let it soak and set.
10. Cut coffee cake into squares and serve with tea or coffee. Enjoy!
Related Posts :
Cherry Cranberry Eggnog Tea Bread with Eggnog Glaze
Mango Almond Farina Bread /Mango Tea Cake
Oatmeal Breakfast Bread
Banana Walnut Bread
Happy Mother’s Day!