Today on menu Peanut Mint Coriander Chutney! Chutney needs no introduction does it?
Back home, the state where I grew up, Chutney/Chammanthi plays a more prominent role and its grounded exclusively with a mortar and pestle made out of stone called as ” Ammikkallu /Arakallu” which seems to enhance the natural flavors and adds exceptional taste to the chutney rather than the chutney prepared using a mixer.
Well, this chutney is slightly different from regular mint coriander chutney and has vibrant color and flavor. The combination of nutty flavor of the roasted peanuts with the flavored mint & coriander leaves makes this a rich, easy and spicy relish..It pairs well with with Idli, dosa or Chapati/Roti, or as a spread in sandwiches.It can be had with rice too.
How to make Peanut Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe – Peanut Mint Cilantro Chutney :
- Roasted Peanut : ¼ cup
- Cilantro Leaves : ½ cup
- Mint Leaves : ½ cup
- Red Small Onion /Shallots/ Pearl onion : 5 (chopped)
- Green Chilly : 2-3 nos
- Tamarind Pulp : ½ tsp /Tamarind : small piece (blueberry size)
- Cumin Seeds : ¼ tsp
- Garlic : 1 clove
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter cumin seeds, add garlic, chopped shallots and fry till raw smell goes.
- Add roasted peanuts, mint leaves, cilantro leaves, salt and saute for couple of minutes and switch off heat.
- Allow to cool, transfer the mixture to blender and add tamarind.Blend/grind with little water till smooth paste.
- Serve with Idli, dosa or roti, bread, or as a spread in sandwiches and Enjoy.
Do try this Peanut Mint Coriander Chutney and am sure it will be loved by kids and adults equally.Enjoy!
Like this Recipe? Sign up, and get more recipes delivered directly to your inbox.