Boneless Fish Pieces : 1 lb/1/2 kg (I’ve used King fish,You can use any fleshy fish of your choice),Cut into small square cube
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce : 1 tsp
Salt to taste
For Batter :
Egg : 1 no
Corn Flour : 1/4 cup
All-Purpose Flour/Maida : 1/4 cup
Water as needed
Oil for frying
For Sauce :
Onion : 2 cup (finely chopped)
Garlic : 2 cloves or 1 tsp (finely chopped)
Capsicum : 1/2 cup (Diced)
Green chilly : 4 nos (finely chopped)
Celery : 1/4 cup(chopped)
Kashmiri Red Chilly : 1 tsp (optional- Here i have used get for more colour)
Red Chilly Powder : 1 tsp
Chilly Sauce : 3tsp
Sugar : 1/2 tsp
Water/Stock : 2 cup
Corn Flour : 1 tbsp
Spring Onion Greens : for garnishing (Chopped)
Salt to taste
Peanut Oil/Cooking Oil as needed
Ajinomotto : a pinch (Optional-not recommended for regular use)
Method of Preparation :
1. Marinate the fish pieces with above mentioned marinate ingredients and mix well and keep it for 30 minutes preferrably in a refrigerator.
2. Heat oil in the frying pan; Prepare the batter, mix all purpose flour,cornflour,salt for taste.
3. Beat the egg and mix it with flour,add little water and make it to a thick batter.
4. Dip the fish pieces in the flour batter and deep fry till it turns to light golden brown in color,remove and set it aside.
5. In the remaining oil,add chopped garlic,green chilles,chopped celery,onion and saute them until onion turn translucent.
6. Add diced capsicum,red chilly powders and saute for couple of minutes now add stock/water and allow it to boil.
7. Add chilly sauce,sugar,salt and mix well now add the fried fish pieces.
8. Mix the corn flour with little water and mix it well with the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes.
9. Garnish with spring onion greens. Serve hot and Enjoy!