For Marinating :
Chemmeen/Prawns/Shrimp : 1 lb /1/2 kg (deshelled, devined and washed)
Red Chilli Powder : 11/2 tbsp or to your tolerance level
Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste : 1 tsp
Lemon juice : 1 tsp
For Sauting :
Small onions/Shallots : 20-30 (sliced)
Garlic : 8-10 cloves (chopped)
Green Chillies : 2 (chopped)
Ripe Tomato : 2 (medium,chopped)
For Seasoning :
Cinnamon : 1/2 ” piece
Clove : 2
Curry leaf : 1 sprig
Method of Preparation :
1. Marinate the prawns/shrimp with above mentioned marinating ingredients for an 1/2-1 hour.
2. Heat oil in the pan and season with the cinnamon,cloves and curry leaves.
3. Add the sliced onions,chopped garlic and chopped tomatoes one by one and cook till the tomatoes are mashed and form a thick paste.(Note : You can also use tomato puree instead of tomatoes)
4. Add little red chili powder,salt and stir for a few minutes till the oil separates from the masala.
5. Add the marinated prawns and saute well.
6. Close the pan with a lid and cook on low fire for 10-12 minutes or till the water dries out. (Note : Over cooking will make the prawns tough ).
7. While serving garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with curd rice,or any Indian breads and Enjoy!
Have a Good Day!