Rice : 2 cups
Tamarind : medium lemon size ball or 3tbsp of tamarind paste.
Bengal gram : 2 tbsp
Black gram : 2 tbsp
Green chillies : 3 nos
Dried red chillies : 2 nos
Ginger : 1small piece
Peanuts : 3 tbsp
Turmeric powder : 1 tsp
Asafoetida : 1/2 tsp
Jaggery : 1 tbsp (Optional)
Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
Sesame seeds : 1 tbsp
Curry leaves : 1 sprig
Gingely oil : 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Wash,clean and soak the rice in water for 20 minutes. Cook the rice in boiled water with salt to taste and drain it and keep it aside.
2. Soak the tamarind in one cup of water for 15 minutes and draw the pulp and strain.
3. Dry roast bengal gram, black gram, red chillies,sesame seeds separately and grind into a coarse powder.
4. Heat gingely oil in a pan,splutter mustard seeds ,add turmeric powder,asafoetida, green chillies,peanuts,curry leaves and ginger and saute for a minute.
5. Add tamarind pulp,powdered masala,salt and jaggery.
6. Cook till the mixture thickens.
7. Mix the rice well with tamarind masala. Serve hot and enjoy!!!
Check here for more Rice recipes.
Now comes the award
Some of my dear blogger friends have shared some awards with me….thanks a ton 🙂
You all made my day!!!!i’m truly touched!!
I thank everybody for all the appreciations and encouragements…:)
Enjoy and Happy blogging!