Preparation Time : 30 minutes
Cooking time : 1 hr
Serves : 4
Button Mushrooms /Koon : 1 cup (sliced)
Basmati rice : 2 cups
Onions : 1 big (finely,sliced)
Tomatoes : 1 medium (finely,sliced)
Green chillies : 2 nos (slited)
Coriander leaves : a fistful (chopped)
Mint leaves : a fistful (chopped)
Bay leaves : 1
Red chilly powder : 2 tsp or to your spice level
Garam masala powder : 1 tsp
Coconut Milk : 1 cup
Hot water : 3 cups
Salt to taste
Ghee : 4 tbsp
Ginger : 4 pods
Garlic : 1″ piece
Cinnamon : 1/2″ sticks
Cloves : 3 nos
Cardamom : 3 pods
Fennel seeds : 1 tsp
Ghee : 2 tbsp
Cashewnut : 10-15 (broken into two pieces)
Raisins : 8-10nos
How to make Mushroom Biryani :
1. Wash and soak the basmati rice for 1/2 hour.
2. Grind and make a paste of the above mentioned paste ingredients.
3. In a microwave-safe dish,add ghee and bay leaf for 1 minute in high.
4. Add the grounded paste combine well and uncover the dish and microwave it for 2 minute in high.
5. Add the sliced onions,chopped tomatoes, slited green chillies,combine well and microwave for another 8 mins, uncovered,give a stir in between.
6. Add the sliced mushrooms,red chilly powder,garam masala powder,salt,mint & coriander leaves, mix everything well and cook again for 5 minutes in high,
7. Drain and add the rice to the mushroom masala,stir well.
8. Add coconut milk hot water to the bowl and mix well.
9. Cover the dish and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, stir once after 5 min. Check for salt and cook for 15 minutes in high
10. Let the rice stand for a few minutes, fluff it up with a fork.
11. Fry the cashewnuts and raisins in ghee and garnish to mushroom briyani.
12. Serve hot with raita and pappadam and Enjoy!