Sausage Macaroni Recipe :
Macaroni Pasta : 2 cups (cooked)
Sausage : 5 nos
Onion : 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
Carrot : 1 /2 cup (finely chopped)
Capsicum/Bell pepper : 1/2 (sliced)
Green Chilli : 2 (chopped)
Black Pepper Powder : 1/2 tsp
Tomato Sauce or Ketchep : 4 tbsp
Soy Sauce : 2 tbsp (optional)
Fresh Basil Leaves : 1/4 tsp (finely, chopped)
Salt to taste
Olive oil : 2 tbsp
How to make Sausage Macaroni :
1. Cook pasta according to package (Or) Bring water to boil in a big pot filled to its half and add salt,and pasta. Cook over medium flame for 10-15 mins until al dente(cooked and tender).Make sure its not over cooked. Drain and reserve 1/4 cup of water/pasta stock for later usage and then rinse the pasta immediately by running it under cold water to remove the excess starch.(Note : This stops the cooking process and prevents the pasta from getting soggy.) Add a tsp of olive oil to the cooled pasta and keep aside.
2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, add chopped onion, green chillies and saute for couple of mins.
3. Add sausage and saute till turns brown in color, when its done; add chopped carrot, sliced capsicum and salt to taste.
4. Add tomato sauce or ketchep and soy sauce and combine well. If required add 1/4 cup of reserved pasta stock liquid to get a medium sauce consistency.
6. Remove from heat. Sprinkle chopped basil leaves. Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.Serve immediately and enjoy!
Check here for more Pasta recipes.
Good Day All!