Egg : 4 nos
Onion : 1 large (thinly sliced)
Tomato : 1 medium (chopped)
Garlic : 3 pods (finely chopped)
Ginger : 1/2″piece (grated)
Green chilly : 4 nos (chopped)
Red Chilly Powder : 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1/4 tsp
Coriander Powder : 1 tsp
Grated Coconut : 1 cup
Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
Curry Leaves : few
Coriander Leaves : few to garnish
Salt to taste
How to make Mutta – Egg Curry – Kerala Egg Curry :
1. Boil the eggs with some salt, deshell and keep it aside.
2. Grind the coconut along with little water into smooth paste.
3. Heat oil in pan, splutter mustard seeds, add sliced onion, chopped garlic, grated ginger,chopped green chilly and curry leaves. Saute till the onion get translucent,
4. Add all spice powder and saute for minute over low flame.
5. Add chopped tomato and salt; mix well. Close the pan and cook for 2 min in low flame.
6. Add the grounded coconut paste; cover and cook till the gravy thickens.
7. Cut the de shelled egg vertically into halves and add the egg. Mix well with the masala, (Note : Take care not to break the eggs ) close the pan for couple more minutes,allow it to boil.
8. Remove from fire and garnish with coriander leaves…Serve with Appam /Idiyappam, rice or any Indian Bread and Enjoy!
For more egg recipe check here.